Saturday, March 14, 2009

Just Some Thoughts

Life never seems the same when you loose someone close to you. I still go shopping and add Dad and Isaiah to the list of things to buy for. Today we were at KMART and there was the cutest church oufit ON SALE. I was going to get it and it hit me HE is gone. A month has gone by, sometimes it seems like forever and sometimes it seems like yesterday when I got the phone call.

It has been five months since my dad died, the closer it gets to Family Camping time the harder it gets. Dad was the cook, he had his SPECIAL recipes. He did the breakfasts. Last summer I knew the time for tents was passing and started looking at trailers. Now sometimes I don't even think I want to go to Tinney Flats, although we need to. We loved it there.

Today we took the girls to the park, four hours later we came home. Little things seem more important, family seems more important. The biggest thing I heard at our church meetings was NOT TO POSTPONE promptings we are given, so I am trying to listen. I miss so much living closer to family but at least we are still close enough that it is not to bad of a drive. Sometimes I am more ready for our family ALL to be together again....ready for the next phase so to speak.
Description

No comments: